Sunday, December 27, 2009

Piney River @ 3ft.

Here we are the Day After Christmas testing some New Equipment Santa brought Kemper and I for being Good Boy's all year long. Kemper called for an invitation for some cold weather paddling and I could not decline, after all I had just opened some gifts the day before - some Dry-pants, Paddle Pogies, and a Fleece Skull cap to top off my head. Kemper had a brand new Dry-Suit to test. It started out a "Cold" morning frost covered every blade of grass, icicles hanging over the outcroppings of rock along the river banks. We were Nice and Cozy Fleece Lined River Rats enjoying our day out in the Wild! It had warmed up to the mid forty's by the time we got off the river around 4:30.


This is probably the most fun rapid on the Piney! It is a Super-Fast Long River-Wide Slide, you can easily get out and hike back up the rock bank and run it multiple times. If it hadn't spun me around backwards on the first run you would see my face smiling from ear to ear!



This is some more typical Piney River Whitewater.


Video of Kemper and I running Hungry Jack Rapid here: http://snugslife.blogspot.com/2009/12/piney-river-hungry-jack.html



No comments: